As the seasons change and winter starts to…
DIY desk organizer for your kid’s home learning space
This project uses everyday household items and turns them into an A+ DIY desk organizer. Now kids will have a place for the pencils, markers and other school supplies they use during their at-home school days.
- wash or clean the cans or containers thoroughly
- use the painter’s tape to make cool designs, or paint designs by hand
- stain or paint the scrap wood. Put down old newspapers or a drop cloth to keep from getting drips on countertops or floors.
- after the paint has completely dried, spray the containers with sealant (optional)
- glue the cans in whatever pattern you like to the wood
- use your finished product for pencils, paper clips… whatever you want! If you like, take a picture and share it with us on our Facebook page.
- make sure you check cans for rough edges
- find scrap wood at a home improvement store
- help younger children with the painting & glue
- a small piece of scrap wood
- five tin cans or cylinder containers in different sizes
- multi-surface acrylic paint or spray paint
- painter’s tape
- small paintbrush
- glue gun or glue sticks
- clear spray sealer (optional)